Tuesday, August 3, 2010

To the Bridge

I'm pretty excited to be back in the art saddle again, after slowing down for the past year in order to get the bakery off the ground. It's been great in some ways to have a little break, because some new directions and new artistic expressions are coming out.

I did this piece, "The Day They Blew Up the Bridge" for an upcoming show at the gallery Studio V in Vergennes, VT. The opening is on Saturday, August 7th from 6-8pm.

I took my children to the bridge the day they demolished it, and one of the more memorable images that stuck with me was the isolation seen while walking toward the site. It was a cold, dark day, and the sky and the ground were almost the same shade of gray. People walked quietly toward the bridge, to give it one last look before it was demolished. I took photos along the way, and used them as reference for this painting.

No comments: